Sunday, March 20, 2011

How Sweet it is

Yesterday Kevin, Midori, and I decided to take a break from work and cancer. We went to the Seattle Aquarium followed by lunch on the waterfront.  I think it was the first spring day you could actually call sunny.  As the three of us sat eating fish/calamari/clamstrips and chips, I got misty eyed.  Kevin, reading my thoughts, said, "don't worry, we're gonna keep doing this forever".  If I didn't have cancer, I don't think the otters would have been as clever, or the fish as swimmy, or the lunch as tasty, or the day nearly as precious.  After lunch we went for homemade ice cream in homemade waffle cones.  I had a giant scoop of banana.  It tasted exactly like banana Laffy Taffy and not at all like bananas.  It was perfect though not nearly the sweetest thing about the day.


 

1 comment:

  1. So happy/glad you and the family enjoyed the beautiful day yesterday (Sat). I read all your posts. I love your humor. You really are a funny girl!! Your words: "If I didn't have cancer, I don't think the otters would have been as clever, or the fish as swimmy, or the lunch as tasty, or the day nearly as precious" really hit home. Thank you. Please let me know if I can help you and Kevin in ANY way! Take care..talk soon...gotta go pray now...
    Lorne

    ReplyDelete