Friday, March 18, 2011

Hell of a Baseline

3/9/2011 - Kevin & I went to the Comprehensive Breast Center.  Upon entering the waiting area I noticed the music was louder than is usual for waiting areas and that it was playing a dramatic opera.  Interesting choice.  At least it was not a requiem.  They took me to a changing area, gave me a heated gown, and showed me to my locker.  Think spa only different.  About three hours into the one hour appointment and 20 mammogram images later, plus ultrasound, core biopsy of the lump, and axillary lymph node, the doctor said, "we've seen this degree of calcification that did not turn out to be cancer, but it's not likely.  I'm moving forward with the assumption that it's cancer.  The pathology should confirm within the next couple of days.  Given that multiple quadrants are involved, we are likely looking at a mastectomy".

No comments:

Post a Comment