Monday, March 21, 2011

For Better or Worse

To my beloved Kevin:

Man, we’ve been through a lot have we not?  I think we’re going to be an encouragement to some crazy couple some day.  I’m sorry to put you through the wringer with all this cancer non-sense.  I’m sorry I’m going to become a creepy alien creature.  I know it’s going to be difficult for you.  I pray that you will have help to carry this burden on the days when I’m no help at all.  Not to wish days away, but I can’t wait for this to be over with so we can get back to the better part of for better or worse.  You’re my heart.   

The Bird of Endless Time  
   
Your fingers touch me like a bird's wing
like the feathers of the bird that returns
every hundred years to brush against a
peak in the Himalayas and not until the
rock's been worn away will time and the
kalpas end why do I think of the fable
when I'm close with you surely because
I want so many lives to feel your touch.

James Laughlin

No comments:

Post a Comment