Monday, April 4, 2011

In No Particular Order

A few of the things I like:
My blue Hello Kitty nail clippers (although they have been missing for months)
Briny olives
Sticky rice (don't care what the carb police say)
A very large handbag to carry everything
Trader Joe's
Boots
Soy lattes
Photos
Pedicures
Loralee's carrot cake
Reuniting with old friends
Singing
Feeling like I have the right thing to wear
Sincerity
When someone else puts gas in my car
Sunshine
Trina's potato salad
Hugs
The idea of the public library (though I rarely use it myself)
Seeing the world through Midori's eyes

Important decisions I've made:
I like the regular potato chips more than the kettle chips
You don't have to be related to be sisters
You don't have to be in the same time zone / be on the same continent / or keep in touch regularly to be close
If Midori wants to wear Sponge Bob pajamas to Christmas Eve service instead of the Christmas dress I bought her, that's fine with me
Some adventures are better than others, but even the bad ones can be good in some ways
It's good to live expectantly
It's good to practice gratitude
I don't plan to ever make a pie crust from scratch
You can accomplish a lot in fifteen minutes
I'm looking forward to the new Winnie the Pooh movie coming out in July
Chapstick is addictive
Being too careful can be just as bad as being too reckless
Rhinestone glasses make you look smart

2 comments:

  1. this sort of confirms why I liked you the first time I met you.
    Daryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. “Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind. "Pooh," he whispered.

    "Yes, Piglet?"

    "Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw, "I just wanted to be sure of you."”

    ReplyDelete