Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Be Thou My Vision

Yesterday was rocky without the narcotics.  Eventually, the doc called in a new prescription for a different anti-nausea med, compazine.  Kevin picked it up on his way home from work so I was able to start playing catch up with the pain management by evening.  The scopolamine patches cost me about $25 for two.  Each patch is supposed to last 72 hours.  The compazine pills are every 6-8 hours, and a supply of 20 costs me 40 cents.  I think the patch was ideal for the actual surgery since it keeps self delivering through out the process.  Otherwise, the pill seems a better way to go.  One of the side effects of the compazine is blurred vision.  This morning I experienced some improvement in my close vision, but it's now blurry again.  I've decided, based on yesterday's experience that my preference is going to be blurred vision.

In general, I'm feeling a lot of love coming my way.  Yesterday my mom came over and kept vigil with me while I napped and my brother did yard work.  My sister in law is here from Germany sacrificing her spring break to help us out.  Kevin's mom came over yesterday for a visit in the afternoon.  My brother in law, his fiancee, and their baby came over in the evening.  The nanny and her family continue to be a huge support.  People are praying and sending food, cards, flowers, gifts, and virtual hugs and kisses.  Kevin is such an amazing husband and father.  He is so patient and supportive of my changing needs.  I have a girlfriend bringing lunch today.  I've had a visit from one coworker and expect a couple more to drop by Friday.  This morning I thought about being depressed for a moment, but then Midori ushered me into the closet under the stairs to play.  I think it's impossible to be depressed with her nearby.  She just has such a brightness about her. 

 
Here's the hymn I have on my heart today.

Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art.
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment