Friday, May 6, 2011

Reasonable Looking

I've had a few fun days with my best friend from Florida.  She took a side trip up north to see her mom and will be back tomorrow.  Midori likes playing with Griffin who is a week younger than she is.  However, she needs to work on her sharing skills.  She's been talking in her sleep saying, "I don't want to share with Griffin!"  I met with the surgeon yesterday.  He said the wound is healing nicely.  I can start easing into some of my usual activity.  He said I'm not likely to hurt the wound, but I am likely to hurt myself if I over do it.  He advised me to "use common sense."  Midori spent the night with the nanny.  I can't wait until she gets home so I can pick her up, carry her, etc.  I'm not sure how commonly sensible I will be with her given that the surgeon gave me close to what I'm going to interpret as a green light.  I just miss carrying her, and she will see it as a sign that I am better if I can pick her up.  Still no bating or swimming for the full 6 weeks post surgery.  He referred me to a physical therapy program specifically for those undergoing cancer treatment.  It will address my frozen shoulder, lymphedema prevention, and other pain resulting from future treatment.  The physical therapy in this program is directed by a physician.  I have my first two appointments (one with the doc, and one with the PT) scheduled for 5/19.  The surgeon wants to see me again in four months.  The highlight of yesterday was getting my prosthetic breast.  It's much more reasonable looking and feeling than the cotton thing you get to wear following surgery.  Apparently, I'm about a size 7L.  Speaking of reasonable looking, I just ordered a book for my Kindle called, "Beauty Pearls for Chemo Girls".  One of my friends at work sent me an article about it, and it seems promising.  (Thanks T.)  Gonna go read it and lay around.  Happy Mothers Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment